1. I love God and am a child of His.
2. And am thankful for His grace and mercy, everyday.
3 . I love Jesus, and I choose to follow Him.
4. Family is important to me!
5. And I am overly protective of those in my nest!
6. I am married to my best friend, Kevin, and I love him dearly.
7. He's really funny and can bring down a room in laughter, with the simplest joke.
8. That's what first attracted me to him. ...well, that and his sexy dark hair & chocolate brown eyes!
9. (I love chocolate!!!)
10. Kevin is patient and even-tempered, and I am NOT!
11. But enough about him, let's move on! "smiles"
12. I love my kids.
13. I think they are just the greatest!
14. They make me laugh.
15. But occasionally make me want to pull my hair out, ...and cry!
16. Right now I am "their mom,"
17. But I can see us becoming great "friends" as they reach adulthood.
18. It makes me terribly sad...
19. to think of them rapidly growing up and leaving my nest.
20. I do hope that we will always be a close family!
21. This is just one of the many things I give up to God.
22. I had two wonderful grandmothers, who will always hold a special place in my heart,
23. and I am thankful that I inherited a little of their creative genes.
24. They were amazing women, and I miss them,
25. and wish they could see my children grow up,
26. and that my children could know them as I did.
27. They could learn so much from them.
28. I love to create,
29. and I go through different "creative" phases.
30. I like to scrapbook, when I have the time.
31.. Which hasn't been much, I am way behind
32. since "blogging" came along.
33. but, I am certainly not complaining, cause that's a good thing!
34. I love to paint...in my house that is! For I am certainly no artist!
35. Early in my marriage, Kevin use to joke, that one day he was going to come home, and Ashley would be another color! lol!
35 1/2. I am forever painting something!
36. I can paint a precise straight line, and not get a drop on the floor, but be covered in paint myself!
37. I love a clean, orderly house,
38. and can get very uptight when it's not.
39. But I do not like to clean.
40. I consider it a necessary evil, knowing there are so many other things I would rather spend my time doing! :)
41. I am a self-proclaimed Professional Shopper!
42. I just love it...get an emotional high from the HUNT!
43. ..mostly for shoes and home decor! ( ...I LOVE shoes!)
44. And I purposely buy a cool new item, as motivation to clean a particular room...or the whole house
45. so that the item will just shine in it's glory, and not get lost in the clutter!
46. I rarely buy anything that is not on sale!
47. And I would rather boast of my savings, than have you think I paid full price for something!
48. And I love thrifting, rescuing objects, used and less than perfect, but brimming with character!
49. I love to decorate with florals,
50. and Toiles hold a special place in my decorating heart.
51. I love to "decorate with animals"...
52. birds, roosters, rabbits, frogs, and even a monkey or two.
53. ...and the skins of leopards and zebra.
54. But I love Nature from afar.
55. I deplore snakes, am terribly afraid of them!
56. I had nightmares of them as a child.
57. And would have a nursery raising plants and flowers today, if it were not for my phobia of them!
58. I detest camping.
59. Have only subjected myself to it 2 times,
60. for my kids, and church ...just overnight!
61. Did I mention I love Shoes?
62. Oh yes, I am repeating myself,
63. which is an annoying habit that plagues those around me!
64. I consider Hair Spray a staple...
65. which brings to mind a great "Hair Spray Tale", an idea for a future post!
66. I don't go anywhere without my lipstick!
67. Doesn't matter if I am sweaty, dressed in paint clothes,
68. or have not combed my hair all day!
69. I don't leave the house, or the car...without my lipstick on!
70. Lipstick and Pearls make everything prettier, ...more presentable!
71. Is that a Southern Thing?
72. I am very proud of my southern heritage,
73. Can't imagine living anywhere else!
74. I'm a "girly-girl," ...an "Ashley and friends" teenage term.
75. As David would say..."that is the way I roll!" ;)
76. Did I mention that I think I am a pretty cool mom! LOL! Contrary to my children's beliefs! :)
77. I do not have an athletic bone in my body!
78. Although I was captain of the cheerleading squad in HS.
79. Is Cheerleading considered a sport?
80. I get motion-sick "walking too fast!" (& any other avenue that involves motion!)
81. I get "anxious & fidgety" when I travel by car over 3-4 hours!
82. And, I'm claustrophobic, and am terrified of escalators.
82 1/2. When I was small, I was afraid I would get my shoestring caught in the tracks, as the escalator was nearing the drop off, and I would lose a leg, as it rolled underneath!
83. ....By now you are probably thinking I am a little peculiar!
84. I am, but that's okay! :)
85. I don't mind flying, as long as it isn't on one of those little puddle-jumpers.
86. And my favorite destination is NYC!.
87. So different from home, but I love the excitement, lights, and energy...for at least a few days!
88. I would love to travel to Scotland and Ireland,
89. ...and Paris with Ashley (her dream!)
90. Hawaii was nice, too! Would love to go there again!
91. I love "LOOKING" at the water.
92. Have always desired to have a house on the lake or river.
93. But, I hate getting wet!
94. ...and spend extra time in the shower,
95. in dread of coming out of it, dripping and cold!
96. I love to cook, and get MUCH better as the years go.
97. I had a very rocky beginning! I was down-right terrible! Fortunately, my family did survive!
98. I love to host large gatherings.
99. I don't call them parties, as my Dad does, cause that sounds so frivolous to me!
99 1/2. The decorating, planning, and cooking... But, again, not the cleaning! "smiles"
100. I think it may be because I am a "lazy" Perfectionist! At least that is what I have crowned myself as!
100 1/2. After reading this list over a few times & making 100 corrections it seems, I am very thankful for spell check ....this post would be much worse without it! LOL!