I added some raffia and glittered pumpkins, also from Ross'. And here is my truck brimming with Autumn harvest! The pictures are a little dark, sorry!
These urns were a yard sale find from a few weeks ago, for $5/set. I had in mind "pumpkin topiaries" when I purchased them, but didn't know how they would look with orange pumpkins.
Glazed them with a bronze glaze.
And a pointer for anyone who might try glazing over painted pumpkins, I watered the glaze down first, and it didn't do well....the glaze "separated" and looked really bad. So, I used it straight.
Hot-glued three in a stack....
Time~consuming project calls for a short break and a snack....
Back to work...... Hot~glued the stems back on. (Were removed before painting.)
I'm still playing around with the whole vignette. I remember now why I was so reluctant for a mantle...they INTIMIDATE me...decorating them, that is! Don't tell Kevin, but he was right, we really needed the mantle, and it looks great. We still have a little touch up to do, and the crown to finish. I had this mirror just propped up against it, and the carpenters hung it while I was out this morning! How sweet, but I'm not sure if it is staying, the round one is going back up, or I am going a whole different route! Decisions, decisions.....
After "stalking" our Dollar Tree for weeks, I finally found these little cuties (ceramic pumpkins), that everyone in blogland has, LOL! ....in another town!
Hope all of you fare well, if you are in the path of Hanna!
My prayers are with you, and I will be back after she passes!
Don't forget to enter the Give~away in Celebration of my 100th Post before Monday morning. Just leave a comment!