Monday, January 26, 2009

{Blue Metamorphosis}

During the Christmas Holidays,
I introduced blue to my decor by placing blue transferware plates, over the study doors.
{Plates were passed down from my grandmother's collection.}
I really liked the look, and it "felt" right,
but it was the lone blue in my home.

Below is a cozy little area in the "music nook,"
before Christmas.

Represents the colors of my home: beige/brown, green, and a little red here and there.
Not a great picture, but the antique table was covered with a buffalo check topper.

During Christmas, the table was moved upstairs to the landing, the clock moved to the foyer, and the chair slid over, to make room for the tree.

Fast-forward to January, the Christmas decor was taken down leaving everything BLAND and depressing!

Solution, transform the space and give a new injection of life with more BLUE!

I had this piece of fabric, which I was saving for bathroom drapes for the farmhouse.
The picture doesn't do it justice, it is much deeper and richer color than it appears here.
The combination of blue, with my dominant color of green, worked well in my home.
Besides, I figured if combinations of blue and green made Martha famous, it was good enough for me! {smiles!} I found the table at a yard sale last summer. Just one of those press board tables with the glass top, for $4.00. I cut and hemmed the blue floral fabric, to top a beige cloth.

The space has been transformed into a much brighter and "happier" corner!

I added a few more splashes of blue....

Tiffany blue plate to the foyer table.

And new PB pillows to the sofa, with touches blue....

For More Metamorphosis Transformations...
visit Susan, the host of Metamorphosis Monday,
AND
For more BLUE, visit Sally, at Smiling Sally,
host of Blue Monday!

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soo pretty! You have an absolutely beautiful home. Happy Blue Monday!

SmilingSally said...

That's what I like: touches of pretty blue. Have a Happy Blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

So lovely, Rhonda! I love that fabric and your home is gorgeous!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello Rhonda! I do like the little changes that make the space brighten up. Love the transferware plates too!

Kristen said...

Oh I love how you introduced the blue!

It all looks so warm and inviting.

Pink Slippers said...

It's fun finding a new love. The blue fabric is very pretty.

Susan said...

Nice touches. I love blue.
Susan

Heidi Pocketbook said...

The fabric table topper is so pretty!!

Happy Blue Monday :-)

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

So great that those little touches of blue can have such a big impact.

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

OMG...it's gorgeous! Your home is lovely and I LOVE that clock! I have just the space for it, too!

I love those PB Serafina pillows..keep eyeing them for my office and may break down and buy them.

Lisa (aka) French said...

Can I come shopping at your house?? (lol) looks like there are a few things I could use:) Beautiful home and that touch of blue is perfect! French;)

Dawn said...

You are a decorating DIVA!!! You have such a wonderful eye for decorating your home. I love the fabric that you used on the table. Very, very nice!

take care,
Dawn

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

I love all your touches of blue...they are perfect! And the fabric on the table is gorgeous!

You have a beautiful home...thanks for sharing it with us

bj said...

Oh, Scooter...everything looks so nice and I love your touches of blue. You have such a lovely home...
hugs, bj

Anonymous said...

Your touches of blue is just wonderful. I love the table and cloth.. You have a lovely home.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Rhonda, I just deleted the two links that didn't work and added it again. It took this time. I'm not sure what was wrong. I just clicked on the title of your post and copied and pasted the link into Mr. Linky. :-) Glad you joined in!. I love your fabric and now the blue plates really belong! :-) Great idea! Your home is gorgeous! Susan

KD said...

Well blue being my favorite color and transferware being one of my favorite things I of course love all of this! Wonderful. I am hosting Themed Thursday this weeks theme "Blue Transferware". Come join us! You have head start!

nikkicrumpet said...

What a lovely addition just a few touches of blue make. I love the fabric choice. And that pillow is marvelous!

Unknown said...

Love the blue additions to already beautiful rooms! Thanks for visiting my blog, I appreciate your comment.

Gypsy aka Tam said...

Hi Rhonda,
beautiful space and the touches of blue are perfect. What a welcoming bright area.
Have a wonderful evening,
Tam

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love it, Rhoda! Looks GREAT!

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Rhonda, I did it AGAIN. Typing too fast, and typed RHODA instead of RHONDA! I'm sorry... it's late, and I need to just go to bed! LOL!

XO,

Sheila

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

That tablecloth fabric is wonderful! Love those colors. Everything looks so pretty. laurie

Carrie said...

Introducing the blues into your decor is very effective and lovely.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good job girl...looks great with just the pop of blue and love those plates on the wall..Happy Blue Monday to you..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Unknown said...

I like your bits of blue! They look very cheerful and inviting!

Bo said...

Amazing how small changes can inspire creativity...the blue looks perfect! ;-) Bo

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Rhonda...

I don't think we've ever met (blog speaking that is...hehe!) but it seems that we may run in the same circle of friends...between RMS and blogworld! I seen your blog and just had to come and see...

I just love all of the pretty blue accents that you've added to your home...and I love the blue and green together! Very peaceful and eye-pleasing color combinations! The fabric you made into a table topper is just gorgeous!!!

Warmest wishes...
Chari (Happytodesign)
PS...I just loved the one photo of your pretty table with the lamp and single blue & white plate...so very pretty!!!

Justabeachkat said...

The blue really "pops" and adds life. Love it.

Hugs!
Kat

Tristan said...

Love that clock!! Cute blue splashes!

Monogram Queen said...

Yep - a "splash" of color definitely adds alot of cheer! You did great Rhonda. I love it!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Blue transferware, one of my favorites! What a beautiful home you have.
~Michelle

Heidi said...

Good Morning Rhonda, So sorry it has been so long since I have left a message!!??....I LOVE the addition of blue in your room!...It does give a fresh look for the new year!...And I love the fabric, so pretty!...Your home looks just beautiful!!....Have a great week my friend!...Heidi XO

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

The blue adds a great touch to your beautiful decor!

Katherine

Nancy Rosalina said...

Beautiful!