Well, we went to see the orthopedic, and it was not the news I was expecting or wanted to hear. I thought we would go today, the doctor would set the bone, and then we'd return when the swelling subsided for a cast. Unfortunately, that is not the case. The break is on an angle, and the doctor seems to think that the bone beside it is fractured also. He took a look at the X-rays, and said he would have to treat it in the hospital. Me being the naive one that I am, didn't register what he was saying, until they got to the "put him to sleep," part. My heart fell! Tomorrow, we are scheduled for pre-op at the office and hospital, and then Wednesday, David will be having surgery, to set and put a pin in his arm. (Wednesday is also my husband's B'day.) His hospital stay will be determined after the surgery. Okay, maybe I am a drama queen, maybe I am way over protective, but my baby is nine, and the thought of David being put to sleep and operated on is extremely difficult. And of course, I am holding it all together in front of David, because he is nervous, and I don't want to add to his anxiety! He is such a strong little trooper. But inside, I feel as though I am crumbling and about to smother. It's a mama thing, I suppose!
I know everything will be okay, and we could be facing so much worse. I believe that God will see us through this, just as he always does! He is faithful, and the ultimate physician! I am afraid for my little one, but in the midst of "this storm" we are in, I cling to this truth found in Mark 6:51, "Immediately He spoke to them and said, 'Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid.' Then He climbed in the boat with them, an the wind died down. They were completely amazed." I know that God is "in the boat with us," and that David will be healed, this is just a little bump in the road.
I do ask that you keep David in your prayers! And I hope that you all have a safe and happy 4th! Under the circumstances,we will be postponing our festivities until the next weekend!
God Bless...... ~Rhonda