Monday, December 14, 2009

Countdown 'til Christmas ~ Day 11/Kevin's Tree

Come on in to my husband's study...
Inside, you will find a tree filled with ornaments pertaining to his hobbies, primarily his John Deere Tractor Collection and hobby farming.


Vintage Texaco Porcelain Sign.
~ 5 foot ~
Can you imagine the stories this old sign could tell, of the times it has seen for the many years it probably hung over the facade of an old country store?
A closeup of some ornaments...
ReinDEER ornaments found at Big Lots last year.
Various Tractor Ornaments
Santa Farmer
"Hoe, Hoe, Hoe!"


The ball reads,
"Farmers are outstanding in their field."
Poinsettia swag over a cabinet filled with JD Toy Tractors.
The countdown until Christmas is quickly winding down!
Hope you'll join me tomorrow for DAY 10! ~Rhonda :)

9 comments:

Stacey said...

How adorable! That's a great theme for a man to have. Does he put it up and take it down. :)

Southern Lady said...

Rhonda, everything looks so pretty, especially your tree. I love the little "Hoe, Hoe, Hoe Santa" and "Farmers are outstanding in their field" ornaments best.

Best wishes to you and your family for the best Christmas ever!

Jeanette said...

That is so cute! My husband would love a whole tree with those goodies. I usually do 2 small trees for him with Nascars on it and air force stuff on the other! Merry Christmas.

Monogram Queen said...

I have GOT to get to Big Lots! It's a little ways off from me though but dang they obviously have some awesome stuff!

My husband had his own tree in his shop at our old place, topped with a shining silver Coors Lite can!!

Darlene said...

Your hubby's themed tree is FABULOUS! LOVE it!

Kathi said...

My husband would love those fun ornaments too. Your decorations are so fun and festive Rhonda. I have not heard from Pearl and I'm praying for her and checking with her. I do hope she is feeling well and we hear from her soon. Hugs, Kathi

onlymehere said...

Did you think that I'd gone completley bonkers when you read my last comment? I think I responded to an old comment about you changing your font! Forgive me, between work and everything else I seem to have lost my mind lately! I remember Kevin's study and his love of tractors. This tree is fabulous and such a fun thing for Kevin. Someday I'd love a total tour of your lovely home but for now I'll be happy with a piece at a time!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Rhonda, I love this tree! It is as cute as can be. GREAT job!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

If your husband is looking for John Deere Christmas cards Wal mart has them this year-- yes in the boxed cards. Just thought of it when looking at the Christmas tree theme! Not that I would want them-- I asked the silly question "who" would want such cards -- I think your husband might!!
Merry Christmas! Enjoy your blog!
Karyl