Saturday, December 19, 2009

Countdown 'til Christmas ~ Day 6/'Picture This..."

This is the one thing I REALLY dread each year,
annual Photos for our Christmas cards.
I think my children are the two most beautiful kiddos in the entire world,
I'm biased that way! ;)
But to take their pictures, while making them behave, smile, and pick a picture that they both look good in,
can.be.pure.torture!
I have a friend who has four children, and she picked a card template that allowed four individual pictures. Her cards are beautiful, displaying a collage of four! Sounds like a winner to me! Can't imagine getting FOUR children to cooperate and all look good in ONE single picture!

Figuring that I had put it off long enough, and being that Christmas is NEXT week, I loaded up Ashley and David, and took them to the lake yesterday for pictures. I caught them by surprise, not even giving them time to change clothes. Less time for them to complain that way! :)
I told Ashley to slap some lip gloss on and let's go!
Ashley says, "If you take your Christmas Card pictures in a Guy Harvey Fishing T'Shirt, you may be a red-neck." {No offense to Guy Harvey, my daughter is walking advertisement for you, and literally lives in her white long sleeve one.}


Took the first picture, above. David wouldn't smile, showing his displeasure. Threatened to take away his Ipod for a day, and he decided it would be better to cooperate!

Better, but still not satisfied. Let's face it, some of these cards are going to people that only see my kids once a year, ...in a Christmas card photo.
Let's head to the end of the pier and try for a better shot.

The kids run ahead, anxious to get it over with it! You can't see David, but he has his arm behind Ashley, pulling her in close to him...still clowning around.

Ah, they think they are so funny, but I'm determined to stay til night falls, if that's what it takes! :) I must confess though, in the end I thought this one below, was pretty cute, and showed their personality. I found a card template for two pictures and used this as one.

Great picture of Ashley, not so great of David....
Aren't digital cameras a blessing, delete all those bad boys that didn't make the cut! :)
Finally....
This one below, will grace our 2009 Christmas Cards!

It's a wrap,
...and here they remain, still wound up and playing.

David, below, " warding off the camera,"
NO.more.pictures, Mom!


So, this is US, keeping it real! My children often try my patience, but they also bring me many smiles and much joy. I'm so thankful for them, and they certainly make the holidays alot more special.

Yep, I sure do love those boogers! ~Rhonda :)

10 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Rhonda, your children are so pretty....er, pretty and handsome! ;)
they really are!! I'm sure your son would like to know that....haha.

Suzanne
thanks for sharing!

onlymehere said...

Excellent! You got several good ones but the one you chose is my most favorite. Ashley isn't just cute, she's honestly beautiful. That David too is a handsome young man but he does have a mischevious twinkle in his eye! I thought for sure he was going to do something like push Ashley in the lake, brrrr! I'm glad he didn't.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I appreciate your friendship and I'm THRILLED that you're finding time to post more often! Me

Tardevil said...

I thought they were all very good except the one where you threatened to take away the ipod! lol! I still haven't sent ours either. Thought I might get a good shot in the snow. Did you all get any precip?

Amelia said...

Loved all of them...but I agree the last couple are the best...both of them are so cute...just makes you want to give them a extra big hug.

Enjoy the weekend!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I think all of the pictures are precious, Rhonda. They are two very cute kids! Love the pic you picked...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

The pictures are precious....I love the one of them walking on the pier!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What great fun!! Your kids are beautiful.. yes even you David. You have 2 great kids..
hugs ~lynne~

Vee said...

Hahahahaha...I was going to say that Ashley did her part throughout. David is all boy and most boys I know don't care about pictures at all. Fun post. Thanks for sharing each one. The one you chose is terrific.

Michelle Palmer said...

Beautiful! AND similar to our Christmas photo shoot... about the same age daughter & son! Made me smile to think how many of us try to capture their everyday smiles for cards & the memory of trying for the "perfect smiles" will keep with us for our lifetimes!
Wishing you the best~
Michelle

Unknown said...

So funny aren't they?! Love those pics! Makes for some great memories. :)