Monday, December 7, 2009

Countdown 'til Christmas ~ Day 18/JOY Project

A simple project,
to add a little....



...to Outdoor Christmas Decor!

Made for my MIL,
from a vinyl festive tablecloth (new, found at Goodwill for $1.99),
cheap dollar store pillows for inserts (Family Dollar, Maxway, etc., $2.50 each),
CRICUT Adhesive-Backed Vinyl Sheets,
and my sewing machine.
I have been known to hot-glue a pillow or two, but the glue didn't adhere well to the vinyl material, and the sewing was much faster.


~Quote by John Greenleaf Whittier
"Somehow, not only for Christmas, But all the long year through,
the JOY that you give to others, is the JOY that comes back to you.
And the more you spend in blessing, the poor and lonely and sad, the more of your heart's possessing, returns to you glad."

Please note, these pillows appear "softer" and not quite so stiff and shiny in person. The glare from the camera flash altered their appearance in the pictures.

~ Hope to see you back for Day 17! -Rhonda :) ~

~~~

Linking to Susan's "Metamorphosis Monday," at Between Naps on the Porch.

and The DIY Show Off Blog, Holiday Highlights #4!

13 comments:

Amelia said...

A great idea - and they look fantastic...I am sure your MIL will or is enjoying them.

Do you have a Cricut? I just got one several days ago...so am learning what it can do.

Stacey said...

Adorable!

Kathi said...

Rhonda, this looks like a fun project. The pillows turned out perfectly. Thank you for the idea. I may try this too. Have a wonderful day. Kathi

Roeshel said...

I love them! You did a fantastic job! Thanks for adding your creativity to the DIY holiday party!

Have a great week!
Roeshel

bj said...

What a great job you did on these, Scooter..I love them. I want to make some out of the vinyl or oil cloth for my porch swing..but..AFTER Christmas! :)

Monogram Queen said...

Love them! Now you've got me humming "I've got the joy~joy~joy~joy down in my heart"!

Rhonda said...

How very clever you are! I love the color and the shine. Just plain cute!!!
Rhonda

Unknown said...

Rhonda,
Love this project! You are so clever! :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rhonda,
Jesus
Only
You
Is my favorite word and more so at Christmas!!!
So sorry to hear about your cousin.
Love your J O Y pillows.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Marigene said...

Adorable pillows!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Where have I been not to have seen this??? I check back with you all the time, and I didn't know you had posted again... I come today and there are a million WONDERFUL posts I've missed! I am signing on as a follower today!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Tardevil said...

LOVE THESE! My favorite thing yet! Especially the color.

onlymehere said...

You've done it again! I remember the BOO pillows. I'm proud of you for bringing out the sewing machine too!