Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Countdown 'til Christmas ~ Day 16/Thrifty Christmas Wrappings

"Pretty paper,
pretty ribbons of blue,"
{red, white, and green}...
"Wrap your presents to your darling from you.
Pretty pencils to write 'I love you.” "Pretty paper,
pretty ribbons of blue."
{red, white and green}
~lyrics from "Pretty Paper," by Willie Nelson
In years past, I have spent alot wrapping my gifts. Embellishing them with beautiful ribbons and hand-tied bows, netting, and trinkets. All picked to match the paper, ...to match the Christmas decor of the year.

This year, I went CHEAP, but in return was still pleased with the outcome. My gift-wrapped presents certainly won't win me a spot in BH&G, (as Kevin would say), but they sure do make my budget look better. Everything, ...paper, tags, small ribbon, and even the tape and boxes, came from The Dollar Tree. The white ribbon was my only splurge, purchased at Big Lots, a large roll for $2-$3. (DT even had the shiny paper, below)

The Snowman boxes, like the one below, were too cute to cover. Just a bow was added.

Hope you will join me for Day 15 tomorrow. We'll check out the tree these presents are under. ~Rhonda

~~~

Linking post to "Works For Me Wednesday," at We Are That Family Blog.

God's Gift to Mankind...

John 3:16-17 (New International Version)
16) "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17) For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

10 comments:

Jessica - The Novice Chef said...

Love all of your wrapping! It all looks so beautiful and festive! Wrapping gifts always puts me in the Christmas mood!

Anonymous said...

Wrapping the gifts is probably my favorite thing to do of the season. Last year my packages were awesome. I bought wrapping paper from Hobby Lobby 1/2 price. Your packages look beautiful, just waiting to be opened:)

LeAnn

SmilingSally said...

I'm cheap (ahem!) thrifty with my Christmas wrapping too. I buy after Christmas for the following year, and I save all Christmas gift bags and bows to reuse.

Darlene said...

I think your packages look wonderful!! I always buy paper on sale at the end of the year and just use a mish-mash of papers and bows. I wrap in all different things and once it is all under the tree it always looks beautiful.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Rhonda, I love your packages. They look cute! And I recognize those Santa boxes! ;-) I'm going to take it easier this year. I have to. No time!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Tootsie said...

who cares what the wrapping costs...or in most cases even looks like...lol...it just gets ripped off and thrown away!!! however...your wrapping job is very nice...much better than the mess I make of wrapping!

A Hint of Home said...

I get discounts wherever I can. You can do more things that way. The wrapping you've done looks great and classy. Very pretty!

Tardevil said...

So impressed that you've already got presents wrapped. I'm still putting up Rubbermaid containers! That snowman box is too cute!

Kathi said...

You are way ahead of me Rhonda. I love your pretty wrapping paper. Your gifts look so nice under your tree, and your tree is gorgeous. Kathi

onlymehere said...

You did great! I haven't even wrapped one gift yet but it's on my list that gets ever longer, lol!