Thursday, December 17, 2009

Countdown 'til Christmas ~ Day 8/Festive Tablescape

...in our Formal Dining Room...



China: Noritake Squirewood
{The colors on the china are gray and black, not blue as they appear in the pictures.}
Kevin and I found this eight piece set of china at a Pawn Shop in Myrtle Beach, a couple of years ago, for $100. The coffee pot and cream & sugar were included in the set.
The deer were found at Dollar Tree last year.
Only had 4 vintage green glasses, found at a yard sale, so I added 2 Noritake Swirl glasses {wedding gifts}, at the heads of the table, to round out the six settings.






Santa on the buffet...

For more tablescapes, please visit Susan, at Between Naps on the Porch!
~~~~
For those of you who may not have heard,
Melanie's {Bella~Mella Blog} 12 year old son,
Andrew,
passed away Tuesday.
As she said in her own words,
...Andrew is now smiling down from Heaven!
If you would like to show Melanie and her family some much needed love and send your prayers, her button is on my sidebar.
~Rhonda

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!! What a great buy on the china :)

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail

southerninspiration said...

oh, so beautiful! And no, since I've been sick I had not heard that Andrew passed away. I am so sorry to hear this, but what a testimony that family shines forth......I'll be praying for them.

Suzanne

Amelia said...

So pretty!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I am so sorry to hear about Andrew, Rhonda.

I love your table. That was quite a deal on the Noritake!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Rhonda! Love your tablescape! It is so beautiful. I really like the colors and how elegant it is! Wow. I hope your Christmas is the Merriest ever!!!!
Blessings,
Debbie

Kathi said...

Beautiful dishes and table. I love your pretty home. I'm so sorry to hear about Andrew.

Kathi

Darlene said...

I absolutely LOVE your beautiful tablescape. Everything about your home is GORGEOUS!

I read about Andrew on another blog and went to let the family know they are in my prayers.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Rhonda, Your table is lovely. I especially love the beautiful candle holder. Reindeer are big this year, and the reindeer that meets each of your guests at their placesettings are such a treat. The tree in your dinning room is over-the-top! And speaking of top, what is that great topper. I have just loved my visit with you~
Merry Christmas!
Yvonne

Monogram Queen said...

Just beautiful!

I don't think i'm going to get any of my other decor up, i've waited pretty much too late. Oh well the tree is pretty!!

Beverly said...

Oh, I'm so saddened to read about Andrew. I will pray for his family.

Your table looks gorgeous. And, I love the deer. I'm amazed you found them at Dollar Tree.

Marigene said...

Your table is beautiful. I love the china. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Kathy said...

Beautiful! Your dining room, tables settings, and Christmas decorations are gorgeous!
Merry Christmas!
Kathy

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh what beautiful china! And those deer look quite elegant on each plate -- amazing what you can "dress up" from the dollar store!