Saturday, December 12, 2009

Countdown 'til Christmas ~ Day 13/Best Dressed Santa

This little Santa is quite sexy, dressed in his leopard print suit.
~I {heart} animal prints!~

Santa was found at the local Flea Market last year, for $5.00.
He was new, sold by a vendor who offered overstocks from a large online/mail order company.



When David was just a little fellow,
...just last year....
nah, just kidding, a little further back than that,
he would cry and whine hysterically when he heard the song, "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, underneath the mistletoe last night..."
I had to assure him over and over, each time the song was played, that "NO, Mommy only kisses DADDY, not Santa! "

Not sure what that says about me, Santa, or his dad.
...don't think I want to explore that one! LOL!



I sure am blessed to have a Santa/Daddy, (Kevin), to keep me warm,
and meet me under the mistletoe this Christmas Season! "wink, "wink!"

~Have yourself a Merry 'lil Christmas, now! Rhonda :)

9 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Everything looks so Christmasy at your house, Rhonda! Love this little guy. He's so cute. And LOL! about Mommy smooching Santa. ;-)

XO,

Sheila

Amelia said...

Waht a cute story about son...he wants his Mama to be true to just one man only.

Love the decked out Santa in his high style outfit.

onlymehere said...

He's really cute.

Stacey said...

Now tht is one cute Santa! Love the little David story too. :)

Jeanette said...

That is a precious Santa. The story is sweet!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

This is a darling post. I love that Mommy was smooching Santa..hmmm underneath the Christmas tree?? lol I also enjoyed reading the David story... many blessings and hugs ~lynne~

Windy said...

I don't blame David - that song has always bothered me too! I always turn it when it's on so my kids don't hear it - I can't figure out how to explain that one:)
Everything looks beautiful!

SmilingSally said...

I've always wondered about the writer of that song...whatever made them think of that?

Your place looks so lovely, Rhonda.

onlymehere said...

The perfect Santa for you! I laughed at David's torment over that song only bz it's so amazing what goes on in their little minds. It's such a sweet memory and I'm glad you shared it.