Sunday, December 6, 2009

Countdown 'til Christmas ~ Day 19/Joy

Christmas...

A time of JOY and great celebration.

A season to celebrate with our loved ones.
Most importantly, celebrate the JOY of Jesus' birth.
Sadly, it is also a time when we remember those who have passed on. Our loved ones that are here no longer, to celebrate the joyous season. And although those memories can be sweet, they can be painful as well.

This past week, a 19 year old cousin of mine passed away unexpectantly. She left behind a two year old daughter, and a family who loved her dearly. She was a bubbly, funny girl, with an infectious personality. And in a vapor she was gone.

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5

"When they (wise men) saw the star,
They rejoiced with great joy,
They rejoiced with exceeding great joy."
{lyrics from Exceeding Great Joy, by Lanny Wolfe}
~~~
Prayers are with those that are hurting during this season.
May you be lifted up and encouraged!
And may you find peace, hope, and joy,
just as the wise men did so many years ago. ~Rhonda

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
Psalm 16:11

13 comments:

Amelia said...

My pure joy is Jesus in my life.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. She was so young. I love your scriptures you're sharing. this is not exact, but is one of my favorites.
'Joy comes in the morning, weeping only last for a while." Hallelujah!
Take care and I'm lifting up a prayer for you and your family.
Blessings,
Shelia ;)

Darlene said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your young cousin. I'm saying a prayer right now for your family.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Rhonda, this post is so meaningfully beautiful!

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet cousin. My thoughts and prayers are with her family!

Kathi said...

Rhonda, I'm so sorry for the loss of your young cousin. May God bring you comfort during this time. I love your Bible verses, they are so encouraging. Kathi

Robin Beck said...

Wow Rhonda, that is horrible news about your cousin. I just couldn't imagine what your family is going through. My daughter is 19 with a 1 year old. Her and her baby are joined at the hip. I couldn't imagine-God bless your whole family and that precious baby.

Yes, it's is such a joy to know God is with us always. Some of my favorite words are: Love, hope, joy, grace and forgiveness.

Robin~♥

onlymehere said...

Auggghhghhghhghghh! I can't read your post bz of your background! I'm so sad. Thanks for stopping by and talking to me. I can't sew for myself either and I tend to agree with your comment about it working better sewing on a smaller scale (for our kids)! It certainly seems to work that way around here!

southerninspiration said...

Oh Rhonda, I am so sorry your family has to face such heartache. They are lucky that you have such good perspective to point them toward. God bless you and your family to help you thru this heart-wrenching time.

Suzanne

Melissa Miller said...

Oh my Rhonda that is so sad about your cousin. My prayers are with all of you at this time especially her baby daughter.

You are so right. The Holidays can bring sadness to many and we must pray for them too.

Many Blessings, ~Melissa

Heather said...

Rhonda,

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with your family in this unimaginable time. I am so sorry to hear about your cousin's passing. So very sad.

Blessings,
Heather

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm so sorry to read about your cousin. Sending hugs your way...

XO,

Sheila

Tardevil said...

So sorry to hear this, Rhonda. And especially sad for her precious child at Christmas.

onlymehere said...

I'm so sorry about your cousin. My prayers go (although belatedly) to your family. May God send peace to you all.