Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Countdown 'til Christmas ~ Day 17/Thrifty Kitchen Decor

I {heart} previously owned STUFF.
And those items found for Christmas are special, no less!
The Cardinal Tureen was found at our local flea market last month. When I first saw it, my heart skipped a beat, thinking it was a Fitz and Floyd piece, ...but it was from Cracker Barrel. For $5 bucks, I was still tickled to get it!
The fresh tree greenery - FREE from the local farm store.
The clear round glass platter, underneath - a couple of dollars second-hand.


The icebox came from an antique store, Patsy's, in Mullins, SC. One of our favorite furniture finds, to date.

The old green scale was found many years ago at an auction, in a dollar lot, a trash can filled with junk. Noone, including myself, knew that this little treasure was in the bottom.
The Christmas stocking figurines came from a yard sale.
Santa Pitcher from the Goodwill, for $4.99. It appears to have some age to it.
The large platter in the background came from a Habitat for Humanity Resale Store.
Being that the kitchen is the hubbub of our busy home, I didn't decorate a lot in this space.
If you missed the previous post on my Kitchen Gingerbread Tree, you can click {here} to check it out.
~ Hope you'll join me tomorrow for Day 16! ~
Linking this post to "Second Time Around," at Diane's blog, A picture is worth a thousand words.

20 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh, that tureen with the cardinals on top is wonderful!!! Old ice box it neat too. What about those ice skates, are they old? They look really good hanging there.

Amelia said...

Don't blame you for snatching up that soup tureen real fast like...it just yells to be part of a Christmas decoration.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Rhonda, What a treasure you found. I would have snatched that tureen up in a heart beat as well. Probably a good thing a lot of us bloggers weren't along with you..lol. Love your icebox and the skates hanging on it is just darling. Your santa on top is darling. Thank you for swinging in to say hello. Pop in any 'ole time... hugs ~lynne~

Stacey said...

Rhonda, everything looks great. I think you are so smart to buy things that way. I never have but other bloggers sure make me want to.

Darlene said...

I LOVE all of your thrifty treasures. Cracker Barrel has ADORABLE things and that tureen is no exception....great price on it. Oh, and the Santa mug is wonderful! Hope you have a great Tuesday.♥

my home sanctuary said...

Oh how fun. What great things you have found. They all work so great together. Can't decide what I like best.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a great day,
Sherry

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

LOVE that soup tureen!! What a find that was!! Everything is just beautiful! So warm and inviting!

Beautiful job!

Lou Cinda :)

Monogram Queen said...

I am always pea-green with envy over your finds!

I would have thought "Fitz and Floyd" also but it's pretty no matter where it came from!

SmilingSally said...

You've done a good job, Rhonda.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I just love your day to day decorations. Great idea!
Love that tureen....beautiful!

jeanne said...

Hello Rhonda, first thank you for your many visits to my post. I appreciate it so much.

I love your great soup tureen for only $5.00. It is just the prettiest holiday find with the greenery adding to the festive look. I am always thrifty shopping. the treasures one can find are amazing. Budget minded helps too.

Enjoy it Rhonda. I bet you could put soup in it too. BIG smile.

Hugs, Jeanne

Beth at Aunties said...

I love all your great finds and your tureen is a beautiful addition to your Christmas Decor. Your home is always so warm and gorgeous. You have a talented of flair of a gracious homemaker.
Thank for your visit. I miss you when you aren't blogging!

Beth at Aunties said...

I love all your great finds and your tureen is a beautiful addition to your Christmas Decor. Your home is always so warm and gorgeous. You have a talented of flair of a gracious homemaker.
Thank for your visit. I miss you when you aren't blogging!

Picket said...

Beautiful treasure Scooter!!!! Love how you have it displayed and the old antiques on the beautiful icebox and those skates hanging like that....love it all!!!! Your home has always been so warm and welcoming and everything you touch just turns out gorgeous! Love ya girl...~Picket~

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rhonda! You have the most beautiful things! That tureen is gorgeous! That old icebox is so wonderful! Thanks for popping in and I hope you're having a great day.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh,Wow, I want that Cardinal Tureen, it's just a beauty and what a deal@ I love all the decor, your icebox is charming and your deals are the best! Cindy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Those are some wonderful pieces, Rhonda, and I'm loving that tureen!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Tardevil said...

Gurlllllll, you found some nice stuff! That soup tureen was a great find. I have found far too much at Cracker Barrel this year! Is your flea market the one in Whiteville? We use to pass it going from Myrtle Beach to Raleigh, and I always wondered how it was, and if it was worth the bother.

onlymehere said...

Love, love, love, love, LOVE the ice box! You have some beautiful finds here.

Anonymous said...

good one! i just made a lot of another emo backgrounds at my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info