Thursday, July 10, 2008

An Award and Short Blogging Break...

When Summer arrived, what seems like only a few short weeks ago, I so looked forward to a "break!" I promised myself, I would sleep late every day, read tons of great books, take a long nap each afternoon, and blog until my heart was content! And it turns out my so called ~break~, has been anything but! Does anyone out there feel my pain??? LOL! ...are you in the same sinking boat of activity??? And do you realize as I just did, that summer is half over! The kids will be returning to school in a little over a month!

Between David's accident and the lake house renovation, (which mushroomed into a major overhaul), my blogging has fallen way behind! Our 4th of July party that was postponed, is this weekend. So therefore, I am here, cleaning and painting and really missing you guys! Maybe Monday morning my "break" will truly begin! Wishful thinking? I certainly hope not! LOL!

I was humbled to receive a new award this week, from Diane, from "A picture is worth a 1,000 words!" ....the "just plain fun to read" award! I am humbled that anyone would want to read what I write and that they would enjoy it! ...Glimpses of my very ordinary life! Thank you so much Diane! I am going to pass this award on to many of my dear blogger friends. I'll try to do that after my "slightly short blogging break!" LOL! Diane's blog is a great one to read, too. She is a super sweet friend, with a great blog! And is very handy with a camera. She lifts my spirits with each encouraging comment!


I will see you all in a few days!
Hope you are staying cool and enjoying the mid-summer days!
~Rhonda :)



11 comments:

Vanessa Greenway said...

Congratulations on the award!! I hope you get some rest on you week off and have lots of fun! Hugs, Vanessa

Heather said...

Congrats on your award! I know I definitely enjoy reading about your "ordinary" life as you put it!!
Actually sweetie you had it right the first time- I really DON'T know how to behave!!! LOL!! Which is why my husband is always on my behind!! Energy?? I have never been able to sit still but recently I think I am driven by how much I need to get done within the next few weeks before the baby gets here!! I'm not sure it is energy so much as stubbornness!! LOL!! I know which one my husband would tell ya it is!! God bless him.
Poor David! So he doesn't have his regular cast yet, huh? I bet that boy is bored to tears- and on his summer vacation to boot! I am keeping him in my prayers.
Hope you do get your "break" soon!!
See ya soon!
-Heather :)

Unknown said...

I know just what you mean! I have been feeling the same way! Summer just goes by way too fast. I hope you have a wonderful and restful break!

Congratulations on the award, you deserve it!

Hugs,
Amy

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoy your blogging break! And your party! See you soon,
Diane

Susan said...

My summer, like yours, has been a very busy one and my blogging has slowed way down.
Susan

Unknown said...

I definitely find your blog just plain fun to read! And I love the picture of the dog and the fan! I'm taking a break for a few days also, but I thought I'd "tag" you with the 7 Songs of Summer game. You can read about it here:
http://bigeeesblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/7-song-tag.html

I won't be putting mine up for a few days, but I'll be linking to all the people I tagged.

Pearl said...

Hey Beautiful... I am so excited for you and your new award! It is a cute design and you are so truly worthy of it! Now, what am I going to do about this busy, crazy Summer of yours?! Bless your heart, I truly do feel your pain. I am going to pray extra hard for some peace and quiet and relaxing moments for you, Rhonda. Please do not worry about the LakeHouse. Eat some terrific Summer food this weekend, drink lots of sweet tea and just try to let the rest of the world go by for at least a few days! Easy to say, I know. No plans, of course, for us this weekend... but I still ache for my beach days. This is the first time in my life I have not been physically able to go and it is making me nuts.

LOL... that Bassett Hound is a HOOT... love him!! Hope David is coming along and Sweetie, relax, relax, relax!! I will get to email this weekend! God bless your heart...

~hugs 'n love~
Pearl

Anonymous said...

Get some much needed rest. I'll see you tomorrow for Pink Saturday. Pink makes everything better.

Heather said...

Wanted to let you know I posted the "Mystery Project" It is finally finished so you can have more than a teeny peek!!!
Enjoy your family this weekend!!
-Heather :)

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Congrats on your award Rhonda! You deserve it, you have a great blog!!
I also feel like the summer is whizzing by! I feel like I'm not getting around to see everyone as often as I would like. So don't feel alone!
Love your tea set, it's fabulous!!!
Have a great break!
Hugs, Sherry

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Girl! I so know what you mean. My Mom and Aunt were here all last week so I'm way behind on everything, including blogging. They left yesterday so I'm gradually trying to get caught up. Haha! Anyway, I've enjoyed reading your posts I've missed.

Congrats on your award!

Hugs!
Kat
(can't wait to see photos of the lake house finale)