Thursday, July 17, 2008

Life at the Lake ~ Renovations Series #3...



Welcome back to Day Three at the Lake House.

Today, I invite you to rest and relax, as we check out the spaces of sweet slumber.



This room is affectionately called Grandma Mattie's room.She visited quite often, (before she passed away), and this was "her room!"


The painting begins.... White walls painted a soothing Celedon.





This room holds many refurbished projects! The bed was a freebie, already painted white. The lamp was a thrift store find, cleaned, rewired, and a new lamp shade added. (My MIL's handiwork...Thanks!)

And the iron table was spray~painted white, from black.



The room showcases three paintings by a local artist, Ronald Williams.
Unfortunately, I only have pictures of 2 of them, below....


This cute little aqua lamp was another thift store treasure.

You will notice, that I didn't incorporate a lot of pillows and accessories, in any of the rooms. This is the "guest unit," and I wanted to keep it very simple.



I found this chair at the flea market for $20! It was a natural colored wood, and I painted it white, and gave the cushion new life....


And now moving across the hall, we have the second bedroom...

It was WHITE...like every other room in the duplex, and repainted a very pale green. This room opens through french doors, onto the porch facing the lake!





I just love this little frog, he was found at the State Flea Market...




The candle was Ashley's creation! That girl can do wonders with a hot glue gun!
Ashley was such a big help with this entire project. She has a good eye, and worked really hard painting and cleaning!




The rocking chair above, has been in the family for years, and the picture below was.....yeap, another thrift store find!


Hope you enjoyed today's tour. I will add a few pictures next week, of the outside and the upstairs unit. ~Rhonda :)

24 comments:

onlymehere said...

First and foremost I love the relax sign, how perfect for a vacation home on the lake! I love this style of decorating. It really is calming and perfect for a retreat. You have such a good eye. I love the candle Ashely made too. I wish we had flea markets here like other places in the country do. My daughter was in Texas for a week earlier this month and she came home and told me about a couple she went to. We both decided in Utah we're just too frugal bz we just find junk at ours. If you find a dresser most of the drawers are broken or missing, etc. I really like the furniture you've used also and the bedding. I want to move in!! LOL!

Susan said...

Everything is so tasteful, appealing and also you have given it a very calming look. Great!!
Susan

Amelia said...

Loved the tour...

All of the decorating items seem so right for the Lake House...eye appealing but not a over-load.

Looking forward to more pics.

Have a enjoyable day!

Amelia

Kellie said...

Oh.. these rooms look so wonderful! You continue to amaze me with your "finds." Love it all!!

Unknown said...

I can see why she loved that room so much. I would love to stay in that one too!.. Maybe when we visit at the lake house I can pick that room...smile... I like how you added those shells and is that a cloche I see???... dont you just love those... enjoy that getaway place for me...Take care! Susie h~

PAT said...

Rhonda...I love what you've done with the lake house! So calm and relaxing. Just what is needed in a getaway place. We have a sign similar to yours. Ours says Lake Rules, relax relax relax. Another sign says, eat sleep fish.

Pat

Heather said...

Oh the rooms are beautiful and relaxing! Perfect!! I love that aqua lamp in the first bedroom! I'm gonna have to swipe that when I come to visit! After I rock awhile that is!! LOL!!
The candle is such a great creation! Good job Ashley! Do I see another Design Star in the furture???
Have a great afternoon sweetie!
-Heather :)

Anonymous said...

Rhonda,

The rooms look cozy and inviting. Not too cluttered with stuff. I expecially like the bed frame in the room across the hall. I also like the star fish bedding in Grandma Mattie's room.

Brandee :-)

Mary said...

More great photos! These bedrooms look so soothing and inviting...

Kim's Treasures said...

Shows like a model home! Just beautiful!
Have a great night!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhonda, I'm a little late making my rounds tonight. Oh, I'm loving the tour of your beautiful home! I love everything in your bedrooms. I'm getting sleeping now. Maybe I could over and be a guest in that lovely room?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Loving the tour!! :)

Picket said...

Morning Scooter...I loved this tour..I'd want to be in that bedroom with the french doors facing that lake and I want to see little ducks swimming in the water and I want a chair down by the lake so I can sit and fish..and huh?..oh ..sorry..I thought you were taking quest request! lol Girl you are creating such a relaxing comfort zone that your family will enjoy for years to come. I love all the family treasures you are using in the room and that candle in the glass dome by Ashley is gorgeous!!! Girl I wish I had been as smart as you when I was younger and thought about doing such things for my family later on down the road...I use to want to own a country B&B but guess who my first 30 customers would be!!! lol lol Have a great day sweetie!!!! I love what you are doing...especialy because you are doing it with your heart with your family in mind!

Pearl said...

Hi Rhonda... Oooooooo... I love it ALL... my favorites are the sweet aqua lamp and the RELAX sign!! You sure did an outstanding job and how neat that Ashley helped out like she did... When you get a chance, stop by please.... I am having a Give~Away! God bless...

~hugs 'n love~
Pearl

I owe you an email... ~hug~

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to check in. I love it!!!

Unknown said...

I am ready to come for a relaxing visit right now! I could use a soothing space like that!! Just beautiful!

Hugs,
Amy

Liz Harrell said...

I'm in love with that first set of bedding! It's perfect.

Deb said...

Hi Rhonda, how are you? Thank you so much for visiting with me, with kind words of encoragement and prayers. Your rooms look wonderful, they look like they're right out of a magazine. Your guest will be very glad they came. Deb

tincanlily said...

Everything seems to be going great with your renovations. I love house tours. I love the second bedroom. The bed is beautiful!
denise

Dawn said...

Your lake house is just so charming, well decorated and very inviting. It looks like it would fit perfectly right here on Cape Cod!!

I love looking at what you are doing.

take care,
Dawn

vintage girl at heart said...

Very cozy!

Fifi Flowers said...

Love the candle inside what looks like a cake plate... you have some lovely photos and finds!

Blogger said...

Oh, how I love that aqua lamp ;) I have been searching for aqua lamps on ebay and etsy! So it's neat to see one here:) I am so enjoying the tour!!!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

P.S. - after writing about the wall art, I see I missed the description - I just love it, now I want a broken down chair!! LOL!

Katherine