Thursday, July 24, 2008

Welcoming Miss Cali...

As your host, I would like to extend to you a warm "Welcome" to Heather's Online Baby Shower!
As Jo, pointed out in her post, do take a moment to go by and read "Heather's Letter to dear, unborn Calista"....it will bless your heart! :)

Pearl is spreading pink cheer with confetti,

as Heidi ushers everyone in, to celebrate a brand new precious life....

Miss Calista Kay

Here is a list of our guests in attendance:

Nikki ~ The Scarlet Rose Garden; Dot ~ Picket's Place; Pearl ~ Pearl's Sentimental Journey; Sheila ~ Note Songs; Brenda Kula ~ The Brenda Blog; Cindy ~ Only Me Here/Just Another Day in Paradise; Marie ~ Watch the Wind Blow By; Heidi Ann ~ Foxgloves, Fabric, and Folly; Debbie ~ Ribbonwood Cottage; Diane ~ A Picture is Worth a 1,ooo Words; Jo ~ To a Pretty Life



I encourage you to visit each participant and see their beautiful contributions!



We can't start the shower without something special for the "Mother-to-be"....


Nikki could you do the honors, and crown our Queen Bee!

(Doesn't Mrs. Nikki look pretty, in her hydrangea dress, ...perfect for the occasion!)



And how about a cute little Corsage...

Debbie, Would you please pin this on Heather?



We can't forget the Big Sister, Bella & the Big Brother, Kyle...


What is a party with out decorations? ....Beautiful Roses for the Food Table....



Polka Dot Arrangements for the guest tables...

Brenda, these look like they came out of your beautiful garden!
Precious "Diaper Cake" for the Gift Table...


Please help yourself to our tasty "pink" refreshments...
Sheila, Could you be a sweetie, and cut the cake??? :)



Big Brother, Kyle & Big Sister, Bella deserve their very own pretty little cake...




Ohhhh, "Dot, and I are squealing with delight!!!"

...A tower of chocolate cupcakes!


"Pink" Strawberry Souffle, with slivers of berries that look like sweet bunny ears...



Don't forget to try one of Diane's delicious sandwiches!

Or a lovely lemon custard...


Time to open the Presents....

Marie and Jo, could you pass around the gifts?

Cindy, have you got the camera ready for pictures? :)


These made me think of LeAnn, Cute little Cowgirl socks.. Sweet little Memory Box (Girls, I secretly think we could make one of these? "smiles")


Every little girl is a princess...


"Little girls dance their way into your heart, whirling on the tips of angel wings, scattering gold dust and kisses in our paths." Author unknown




Lucky for Cali she has a Big Sister, to teach her how to be a Princess!
Bella needs her very own princess attire, of course...



Pink Piggy for College Savings...




And since this a "Virtual Shower," and I have "virtual money" to spend that has no limits, I suppose....

I found this beautiful furniture dressed in Heather's favorite, toile bedding...

(I'll even throw in the fabulous chandelier...)






Shower favors for each guest?





Putting together this Baby Shower, for my very dear friend, Heather, has been so much fun!

...I'm so glad you could all join in the festivities,

and a heart~felt "Thanks," to each you who participated!





"Little girls are a precious gift, wrapped in love serene. Their dresses tied with sashes and futures tied with dreams." ~Anonymous

~~~

Dear little one, Calista, It is my prayer that God may richly bless you, and keep you always in his tender loving care! ~hugs, Rhonda

...............................


Sources: BabyShowerStuff.com, Martha Stewart Online, KooKoobears.com. and Tinytots Collectables Online

25 comments:

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

You have done an amazing job! Oh my gosh! I would love to go to a shower with you. You have so many great ideas and have covered all the bases, wow. I read through your post with my mouth wide OPEN! How embarassing. I loved it all.
Blessings, Debbie
ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com

Justabeachkat said...

Wow! You really out did yourself. Great job!

Hugs!
Kat

Pearl said...

~tossing lots of Pink confetti~

Well all I kept saying as I scrolled through your Baby Shower was...

Ooooooo... La... Laaaa!

Rhonda, you did a Fantastic job! Oh My Goodness... I kept thinking, Ohhh I love that!... then the next goodie would appear and I was saying... Ohhhhh I love that, toooooo! LOL Sooo much FUN!! I think those diaper cakes are so creative! And the flowers were beautiful... ohhhh and the cakes and desserts! Mmmmmmmmm... Heaven! I could go on and on... truly it all was just gorgeous and I loved being a part of this fun Baby Shower! Thanks so much for including me for this special event! I cannot wait to see what the other ladies have done! God bless...

~hugs 'n love~
Pearl

~tossing more Pink confetti~

Joyfulsister said...

Lol.. That is too cute!!
I never experienced a baby shower this way before. I love looking at all the photos and the the cute soap of the baby's feet!!!
I truly enjoyed my visit to your blog...
Aloha Lorie

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

SOOOO cute Rhonda! Well done sweetie! *picks confetti out of hair*... lol!
The toile bedding is TDF.
I'm goin back for more lemon custard!
Nikki

Heidi said...

Hi Rhonda, it's very late, but I was up finishing my "shower" post. You are such a dear friend for thinking up & putting this all together!...Your post is incredibly darling!!!...LOVE that toile bedding!!....& Thank you for introducing me to Heather...I can see why the two of you are friends!...both lovely ladies!....Again, such a charming post!!!....Your friend, Heidi XO

Picket said...

Ohhhhhhh Scooter...this is so beautiful...I am squealing like a sissy girl and I ain't even the one having a baby!!! lol lol Oh my word girl...this is amazing...You are sucha sweetheart for doing this for our sweet Heather & I thank you so much for inviting me and asking me to be a part of it...I got my 'present' posted for Heather over at my place..I hope she likes it...no where near as 'squeal' producing as this gorgeous post though!!!!! lol lol Oh girl I love this...where was you when I had my babies!!!!? lol lol Oh that's right..you was waiting to be born yourself you little toot! lol Love ya Scooter and thanks for my sweet awards...I snatched them up already!

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, I have been so busy with grandkid's week I didn't know about the shower for Heather. Your post is delightful aBd so sweet. Sorry I missed it. blessings to Heather and her family.

Jeanne

Dawn said...

This is just the sweetest idea/ Everything you have for the party looks wonderful. I love the diaper cake! I hope everyone enjoys the blessed event!!

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Dearest Rhonda! How precious of you to host this little shower for Heather and Cali! I've had so much fun attending! Thanks for including me - I have really enjoyed putting together my little part! Come by and check it out!
Let's hear it for Rhonda the Hostess with the Mostess!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Now Rhonda.. That is just the cutest baby shower I have ever been to! You are just too sweet for words.. I sure wish Miss shelia would have handed me a bit of that cake... looks yum! Susie h~

Susan said...

How sweet of you all to do this!!!
Susan

onlymehere said...

Thanks for inviting me to the shower. Somehow I missed figuring out that this was a girl! Oh well, that's life! This was fun to do and you, my dear, are so creative! I actually did make one of those diaper cakes for my daughter's baby shower and it was so much fun, but also so expensive! I hope Heather has fun at this party, I know I had fun doing it!

Anonymous said...

God is sending sweet Calista to a very special mommy. I know you will treasure her forever.

You are all so sweet to do this. The shower is just perfect.

Marie said...

It took me FOREVER to boot my kids off the computer so I could get my babyshower post up. Sorry I was late this morning. :o) Here's a link- just in case-
http://watchthewindblowby.blogspot.com/2008/07/happy-baby-shower.html

Thanks for doing this Rhonda!

Michelle said...

that was so sweet and so much fun...I enjoyed dropping by...

thanks and good luck to mommy and baby

Jo said...

What a sweet baby shower! So pink and girly! Now I want to go make some little strawberry souffles!

Pearl said...

Hi Rhonda... I just wanted to thank you, again, for hosting this beautiful and fun Baby Shower... I have enjoyed visiting the other ladies and hopefully making some new friends along the way... everyone really did come up with some unique and heartwarming gifts for Heather... I am sure she is so thankful to you for putting this all together for her! Ohhh... I forgot, earlier, to tell you how much I loved, loved, loved that Mother-To-Be Tiara! That was a terrific find!

~hugs 'n love~
Pearl

I'll be over in a lil while to help you with the clean-up after the Shower... I know I went over-board on the confetti tossing!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! I just adore all of your photos! You are such a special friend!

Hugs,
Amy

Heather said...

Oh my goodness Rhonda this is too much! WHat a beautiful shower you have hosted! My eyes filled up with tears when I saw that you included Kyle and Bella as well! The food looks delicious! Good thing I get to go first in line....but maybe I should wait until the end so that everyone else can get some!! LOL!!! You have me pegged with that toile bedding! Oh it is gorgeous! And I love the tiara too! I feel like a queen! You have done such an amazing job..........again I do not have any idea how I can ever thank you for doing something so incredibly sweet! You are such a blessing to me! Thank You so much!!
Love ya and God Bless,
-Heather :)

Deb said...

Hi Rhonda, This is all lovely and such a sweet gesture of kindness. My God bless Heather,her family, and also you. Deb

Gone said...

Looks like one fantastic baby shower!! God's blessings on mommy, daddy and baby Cali!

Thanks Rhonda, for your visit and comments today!

~Blessings,
Jan

ps...did you see my latest give-away? To the first 3 people that comment on the post?

Unknown said...

Wow You are so sweet to do this for Heather . It is so special , put together with love . I really enjoyed it . Mary

Nance said...

Rhonda,
You never cease to surprise me, you are so creative! I enjoyed all of them.

Vanessa Greenway said...

What a wonderful gift!! A virtual baby shower!! So pretty!! blessings, Vanessa